Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ken Is Leaving Early

we thought he was leaving next monday, the 17th. however, he now leaves this coming weekend. we're not sure if it's saturday or sunday. i feel as though this deployment sneaked up on us. it's going to be easier in some ways, but much harder in others.

spencer is older now and not as dependent on me for each little thing. for the most part, he sleeps better than he did last year. he is teething, so that has put some kinks in his sleep pattern. and emma is in full-day school, so she will stay very busy.

but, bc ken just got back in january, it will be harder to let him go again. i'm just not ready. and i know that emma isn't. spencer is going to have a harder time this time, bc he notices when people are gone now.

i am pretty sure that i will have to do a lot of the preparations for our move in february. as of today, he still hasn't gotten his request for a pushed back rnlt date approved. it may be that ken gets off the plane and moves in to the temporary lodging, as we will have moved out of this house right before he gets home. i pray that doesn't happen.

i admit i'm getting stressed out over all the details. if i were a non-obsessive person, i would tell myself to calm down and take it day by day. but i'm not that person. i obsess over details until the wee hours of the morning. i like to be prepared and know every little thing i can.






Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that he's leaving early! I'm sorry he's going at all but on the bright side it's 4 months and not 12 or 18. I do hope he gets to come home to what has been home for the last couple of years and not temp housing. I'm here if you need anything that I can help with!!! I wish I could come visit!!! :(
-Christie