Friday, September 28, 2007

Um, Am I Peeing?

i called yesterday afternoon and begged them to find me another provider to do the scan, as i really didn't want to wait an entire week. they worked me in somewhere today. the scan took 15 minutes. however, it took 2 hours to drink their "koolaid enhanced" drink. it was terrible. lol

the referring doctor had it so that i'd not get an iv contrast. the technicians were surprised at this, bc the contrast really helps in seeing exactly what's going on. they decided to do the iv. yay.

my whole body got hot, my mouth tasted funny, the air smelled weird, and then i felt as though i'd peed all over the table. thankfully, all this is normal. lol

it takes about 24 hours for the results to be read. then they are sent to the referring doctor. however, i explained that it is important for me to hear the results as soon as they come in, not AFTER they go to the dr. otherwise, it could be mid next week the way this clinic on base is. hopefully, i will hear something this afternoon or monday.

No comments: